Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids
All parents want to share their love of cooking with their kids. One of the best ways to prepare your child for the big world is by teaching them how to cook. Learning how to cook is fun, especially if you teach your child simple easy recipes. Parents are all about their child being healthy and active. I'm a parent of two children and I want nothing more than for my child to learn to be independent and healthy. I have prepared a small list of easy healthy recipes for kids. Let's dive in to some of these great recipes!
Hot Dog Cheesies
- Serving Size: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 Slices White Bread
- 4 Tbsp. Butter, Softened
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese
- 4 Hot Dogs
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Butter one side of each slice of bread with butter. Place bread butter side down on a clean working surface. Top with a pinch of cheddar, then place a hot dog diagonally in the center of the hot dog so that the hot dog to two corners. Sprinkle with more cheddar, then gently pinch bread together bread corners over hot dog. It should look like a taco shell.
- Use a toothpick to hold together sides of bread. Place on baking sheet and bake until bread is toasted and the cheesies hold their shape, about 14 minutes.
Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- Ready In: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Sherry
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Garlic Powder
- 8 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast Halves - cut in to 2 inch pieces
- 1 - 20 Ounce Can Pineapple Chunks Drained
- In a shallow glass dish mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic powder. Stir the chicken pieces and pineapple in to the marinade until well coated. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill medium to high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken and pineapple alternately onto the scewers. Grill 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until chicken juices run clear.
Fruity Pebbles Breakfast Pops
Serving Size: 14
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- 1 - 32 Ounce Container Strawberry Yogurt
- 1 - 32 Ounce Container Vanilla Yogurt
- 2 Cups Chopped Strawberries, Divided
- 1 Cup Fruity Pebbles, Divided, Plus More For Garnish
- In a medium bowl, fold together strawberry yogurt with half the strawberries and half the fruity pebbles.
- In a separate medium bowl, fold together vanilla yogurt with remaining strawberries and fruity pebbles.
- In to dixie cups spoon both yogurt mixtures. Then sprinkle with more fruity pebbles and insert a popsicle stick into the center of each.
- Freeze until solid, about 4 hours.
Always remember your child should be supervised by an adult, while making these fun and easy meals. These great recipes will definitely make your child feel happy and good about themselves. Together both you and your child will make great meals together.
Thank you for reading this post. Please leave your comments below. Tell me what you and your child cook together. I would love to hear about your recipes.
Have a great day!!