Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken
Are you wanting some hot food to keep you going this winter? If so, then you have come to the right place. I am going to take you through this wonderfully delicious recipe. Let's get started!
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes or finely crushed rich round crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds meaty chicken pieces such as breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl combine egg and milk. For coating, in a shallow dish combine cornflakes; 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese; 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed; the paprika; and pepper. Stir in melted butter. Set aside. Skin chicken. Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, into egg mixture; coat with crumb mixture.
- In a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan arrange chicken, bone sides down, so pieces aren't touching. Sprinkle chicken pieces with any remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is done (170 degrees F for breasts; at least 175 degrees F for thighs and drumsticks). Do not turn chicken pieces while baking.
Per 5 ounces Chicken
398 cal., 14 grams total fat (7 grams sat. fat). 195 mg. chol., 398 mg. sodium, 10 grams carb., 0 grams fiber, 45 grams protein.
1/2 Starch, 6 Lean Meat, 1 1/2 Fat.
This meal will surely keep you warm and satisfied this winter. Check back for more winter recipes and if you could please be so kind, leave your comments below. Thank you and have a wonderful day.